Saturday Night Magic

Once a month, ol' boy and I pretend we are grown ups; we get dressed up and head downtown to the PAC.  Why?  Because we are season subscribers to Chamber Music Tulsa.  It's so fun!  Seriously.  We get to get dressed up, we get to hear renowned chamber musicians play, we get to eat and drink, and for once, I'm not the oldest person in the room!  I love it.  It's enchanting.  It's usually breath taking. It's refined.  It's intimate.  It's lovely.  And I feel like we become those things, too.

This month we heard the Takács Quartet play.  It was amazing; I think it is my favorite performance of any that we've been to.  I was literally welling up with so much pleasure in their playing my eyes welled up.  Just a little.  But, seriously, it was fantastic.  For me, it's not only that I get to listen to such great music, but I also get a night out that I didn't have to plan, a night where ol' boy looks and smells extra fancy, a night where I get to wear heels, a night out where ol' boy and I get lost in conversation, a night out where time stand stills, a night out where I don't have to do any entertaining, a really nice night out.
If you've never heard of Chamber Music Tulsa, you should look it up!  They have great season rates for YPs and it really is a great time!  We'd love for you to come try it out with us sometime, too!  (They do have openings once in awhile for single night attendees.)  

Comments